Acid Red/Fuchsine (Hungarian Red) is a water-based dyes that stains the protein present in blood and some other body fluids a red image. Acid Red/Fuchsine does not react to the normal finger constituents found in latent fingerprints like eccrine or sebaceous deposits and contains Sulphosalicylic Acid as fixing agent and SQL as anti-drift. Acid Red/Fuchsine must be used by trained personnel only and may be applied with a fine mist spray or by immersing an object in the solution. All areas adjacent to visible stains should be sprayed/immersed thoroughly as well since development of blood prints/impressions not visible to the naked eye is probable. We hardy advice to apply Acid Red/Fuchsine with a micro compressor. Acid Red/Fuchsine can be used on non-porous surfaces.
- Before using this product, consult the appropriate Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Use only in a well-ventilated area, or with a fume hood. Wear chemical-resistant clothing: vapor respirator, gloves and safety glasses.
- This formulation may interfere with subsequent blood tests. Be certain to collect blood samples for laboratory analysis prior to application of Acid Red/Fuchsine.
- Handle objects with gloved hands before and after treatment.
- Pre-treatment using other methods of development such as cyanoacrylate fuming may interfere with this procedure.
- This substance may produce considerable staining and will be difficult to remove from surfaces such as carpet, furniture and clothing.
- Spray the suspect surface of blood with a saturating mist of Acid Red/Fuchsine solution.
- All areas adjacent to visible bloodstains should be sprayed thoroughly as well since development of blood prints/impressions not visible to the naked eye is probable and fixation is necessary.
- Respray after 90 seconds and remove the Acid Red/Fuchsine solution after 3 minutes with air and rinse solution until the background is sufficiently cleared.
MSDS Acid Red in English
MSDS Acid Red in German
MSDS Acid Red in Spanish
MSDS Acid Red in Italian