Activated ALCV is a water-based dye that colours blood blue/purple by a catalytic reaction caused after coming in contact with hemoglobin. ALCV does not react to the normal finger constituents found in latent fingerprints like eccrine or sebaceous deposits and contains Sulphosalicylic Acid as fixing agent and SQL as anti-drift. This kit must be used by trained personnel only and may be applied with a fine mist spray or by immersing an object in the solution. All areas adjacent to visible stains should be sprayed/ immersed thoroughly as well since development of blood prints/impressions not visible to the naked eye is probable. We hardy advice to apply ALCV with a micro compressor. ALCV can be used on both porous and non-porous surfaces.
- Before using this product, consult the appropriate Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Use only in a well-ventilated area, or with a fume hood. Wear chemical-resistant clothing: vapor respirator, gloves and safety glasses.
- This formulation may interfere with subsequent blood tests. Be certain to collect blood samples for laboratory analysis prior to application of ALCV.
- Handle objects with gloved hands before and after treatment.
- Pre-treatment using other methods of development such as cyanoacrylate fuming may interfere with this procedure.
- This substance may produce considerable staining and will be difficult to remove from surfaces such as carpet, furniture and clothing.
- Open a full ALCV stock solution container.
- Open the activation tablets container.
- Add 1 tablet for a 1% Hydrogen Peroxide solution, 2 tablets for a 2% Hydrogen Peroxide solution and 3 tablets for a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution.
- Screw the cover on the transport container firmly and shake gently until the tables are solved.
- Spray the suspect surface of blood with a saturating mist of activated ALCV solution.
- All areas adjacent to visible bloodstains should be sprayed thoroughly as well since development of blood prints/impressions not visible to the naked eye is probable and fixation is necessary.
- If latent blood is present a dark blue to purple/violet colour will develop within 30 seconds.
- Respray after 60 seconds and remove the ALCV solution, if necessary after 3 minutes with air and rinse solution until the background is sufficiently cleared.
MSDS ALCV in English
MSDS ALCV in German
MSDS ALCV in Spanish
MSDS ALCV in Italian